QuickFit classes are our core 30-minute group sessions, designed so you can get in and get out….FAST. QuickFit workouts are both intense and short, so you save yourself time while getting the benefits of functional strength training and cardio together. Workouts are completely varied by targeting all kinds of fitness parameters, including high-intensity interval training (HIIT), strength, core, power, agility, speed and endurance work. In just 30 minutes of your day, sweat your way to a leaner, meaner, more confident new you.
These workouts are effective for several reasons:
1) Burn Fat – these workouts burn a large number of calories in a short period of time. It serves as an amazing fat-burning and body-transforming mode of exercise.
2) Boost Metabolism – These methods create the ever important ‘afterburn’ effect in your metabolism, which will help serve as a calorie-burning furnace for hours and hours following your session.
3) Build muscle – Muscle plays an important role in your metabolism. It is a metabolically expensive tissue that causes you to burn extra calories even while at rest! Cardio, on it’s own, will yield no gains in strength and will likely cause you to lose strength and muscle mass. QuickFit uses exercises and training systems to build lean muscle.
4) Increase Fitness – Introducing these training methods will help improve your VO2 max, core strength, neuromuscular systems, ability to resist fatigue, sporting performance, and, most importantly, help you to perform at a higher level. Ironically, the impact that QuickFit has on cardiovascular performance is actually much greater than that of “cardio”!
5) Save Time – Due to the high-intensity, what is great is that these benefits are obtained in a fraction of the time.#
Our programming follows a athlete specific template and varies on a daily basis, targeting different fitness parameters within each session throughout the week. Generally we follow the pattern below to ensure you achieve optimal results and perform to your potential in each of the classes:
Monday – Metcon
Tuesday – Strength
Wednesday – Metcon
Thursday – Strength
Friday – Metcon
Saturday – Performance
Sunday – Rest, Recovery & Mobility
With this structure, and using non-linear periodization strategies, the 12-month training program is broken into 4-week phases. This enhances muscle confusion so your body keeps adapting. You will never “plateau”, your body will never get used to the routines, and the variation will constantly challenge your muscles. This design also minimises fatigue.
Our QuickFit strength sessions focuses primarily on instructing and improving technical execution of lifts with weights, help improve explosiveness and power, and compliments the weekly metabolic conditioning and fitness workouts. Whether you do strength training with weights or without, the benefits are too great to ignore. If you are looking to add anything to your lifestyle to increase your health, staying mobile and keep fat off, strength training should be it. Here are the top benefits to strength training:
With benefits this compelling, it is hard to find a reason for us not to put some time and effort into improving your overall health with strength training. By practicing strength training at least two times a week, you can begin to see a change in your body and health. Don’t feel limited by weight training; there are many group alternatives (Such as Yoga) that can be just as beneficial and produce all the same results!
Due to the fact that women do not, and cannot, naturally produce as much testosterone (one of the main hormones responsible for increasing muscle size) as males do, it is impossible for a woman to gain huge amounts of muscle mass by merely touching some weights. You know those women bodybuilders who look really bulky? They eat, train, and take supplements specifically so they can look like that! They have probably been working towards that goal for years and years. Here’s the truth: when you pick up heavy things, your muscles get STRONGER (but not necessarily bigger). If you pump yourself full of testosterone and eat way more calories than you are burning every day, you will get bigger. If you pick up heavy things, and eat a caloric deficit (and eat the right kinds of food – actual healthy foods), your muscles will get stronger and denser; you will burn the fat on top of your muscle, and you will get that “toned”, firm and fit cellulite-free looking body that you see in most fitness/figure shows these days. So to summarise…YOU WILL NOT GET BULKY FROM PICKING UP HEAVY THINGS!
Workouts are done for the class as a whole, with the exception of needed modifications for individuals who require it as all exercises can be scaled to ability. In each class athletes can expect to perform squat, deadlift, power clean, perform dynamic pulling drills, perform upper body strength and/or dynamic work, perform unilateral work for strength and/or speed, shuttle runs, skipping, calisthenics, conditioning exercises and core work. There are variations made on all exercises ranging from beginners, intermediate to advanced. Both men and women are welcome.
In the mean time, checkout our website and if you like what you find, getting started is easy.
Join us here and become a member of Jersey CrossFit Gym!